Nitish turned `loktantra` to `loot-tantra`, alleges RJD
Patna: Accusing the Nitish Kumar-led government of institutionalising corruption in Bihar, the opposition RJD on Tuesday said `Loktantra` (democracy) had become `Loot-tantra` (machinery to loot public money) in the state.
"Converting `Loktantra` to `Loot-tantra` is the biggest achievement of the Nitish Kumar government till date," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Abdul Bari Siddique and RJD state unit chief Ramchandra Purve told reporters.
Releasing a mock `chargesheet` against the state government, the party alleged that officials from top to bottom were being given a free hand to loot public money.
Describing the government`s report card released last week on completion of seven years in power as `directionless` and `insensitive`, the RJD leaders claimed the report did not reflect the ground reality.
Contrary to government`s tall claims, worsening law and order and spurt in crime figures have hit the national headlines even as the state government`s failure to contain crime have been exposed time and again, they said.
The performance of the NDA government on education and healthcare infrastructure was no better as primary education has collapsed and healthcare schemes have fallen prey to corruption, the two RJD leaders said.
Accusing the government of spending public money on publicity to boost the sagging image of the ruling coalition, they claimed people have seen through the true face of the present rulers and were angry with it for its non-performance on all fronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state