Nitish turned `loktantra` to `loot-tantra`, alleges RJD
Patna: Accusing the Nitish Kumar-led government of institutionalising corruption in Bihar, the opposition RJD on Tuesday said `Loktantra` (democracy) had become `Loot-tantra` (machinery to loot public money) in the state.
"Converting `Loktantra` to `Loot-tantra` is the biggest achievement of the Nitish Kumar government till date," Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Abdul Bari Siddique and RJD state unit chief Ramchandra Purve told reporters.
Releasing a mock `chargesheet` against the state government, the party alleged that officials from top to bottom were being given a free hand to loot public money.
Describing the government`s report card released last week on completion of seven years in power as `directionless` and `insensitive`, the RJD leaders claimed the report did not reflect the ground reality.
Contrary to government`s tall claims, worsening law and order and spurt in crime figures have hit the national headlines even as the state government`s failure to contain crime have been exposed time and again, they said.
The performance of the NDA government on education and healthcare infrastructure was no better as primary education has collapsed and healthcare schemes have fallen prey to corruption, the two RJD leaders said.
Accusing the government of spending public money on publicity to boost the sagging image of the ruling coalition, they claimed people have seen through the true face of the present rulers and were angry with it for its non-performance on all fronts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?