Nitish visits village at invitation of dalit girl
Arwal: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday visited Harna village in Arwal district at the
invitation of a dalit girl and heard the grievances of the
The girl, Gudia, a class IX student, had met the
Chief Minister during his seva yatra to the district yesterday
and requested him to visit her village.
Kumar was apprised by the girl and other villagers
about the problems of the village having 25 per cent dalit
He heard their grievances and directed the officials
to resolve their problems.
"There has been no development in my village as a
result of which there is acute backwardness," she told the
Kumar later visited Pokharpur village and offered
prayers at Radhababa temple before inspecting an
under-construction bridge on Sone river between Arwal-Sahar
He instructed the officials to expedite the
construction of the bridge.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata