Nitish wants excavation of archaeological site
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday visited an archaeological site at Balirajgarh in Bihar`s Madhubani district, said to be over 2200 years old, and directed officials to excavate the remains and ensure their protection.
Kumar said he will soon write to Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh and the culture ministry seeking thorough excavation and
upkeep of archaeological remains at Balirajgarh.
He asked Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) officials
Vijay Kumar Chaudhary and S K Singh to carry out excavation at
the ancient site spread over 132 acres in order to unearth its
historical significance, besides ensuring the proper storage
of the ancient remains.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed