Nitish wants `right to recall` implemented
Patna: Supporting Team Anna`s demand for the `right to recall` of elected lawmakers, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday suggested exploring constitutional amendments for the purpose.
"Right to recall is a product of JP movement...though it is difficult at present, let all possible ways be explored constitutionally by way of amendments to the Constitution for this," Kumar told reporters here.
"We are always with the demand of right to recall the lawmakers," Kumar said, adding if there is even a little bit of scope, a legislation can be brought for the purpose.
In reply to another question, Kumar said it has now become necessary to expand the purview of the Right to Information Act and strengthen its provisions.
"There is also need for wider publicity and propaganda about the Act," he said, adding the `Jaankari` initiative launched by the state government in Bihar was a successful step in this direction.
Even public sectors, private public sector partnerships and corporate sectors should be brought within the ambit of the RTI, the Chief Minister demanded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India