Nitish wants share in electricity from Bhutan
Patna: Ahead of his Bhutan trip, Bihar Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday demanded that the Centre sanction
major chunk of the power being availed by it from Bhutan to
Kumar said he would reach Bhutan on a three day-tour on
May 4 at the invitation of the Bhutan King and Prime Minister.
Though his visit to Bhutan was nothing to do with the
issue, the Centre should consider the state`s demand, Kumar
told reporters on the sidelines of his Janata Darbar programme
He said there were several hydel power projects which
were set up following the support of Indian Government to
Bhutan. "I will personally visit some of the hydel power
plants in Bhutan.
"There are vast potential for hydel power plants in
India and the cultural and historic ties between the two
countries are very strong ... Bihar too has sentimental
relations with the Himalayan country as a lot of tourists from
there visit Bodh Gaya, Rajgir and Nalanda," Kumar said adding
he would discuss with Bhutanese authorities for facilitating
Chief Minister said following the visit of Bhutanese
Home Minister, the neighbouring country had identified a piece
of land for a monastery in Rajgir.
Bihar Tourism Corporation would hold an exhibition in
Bhutan, he said adding he would be accompanied by a delegation
of officials from Energy, Tourism and Information and Public
Relations departments during the proposed visit.
"I have also received invitation from China but the
dates of the visit have not yet been decided," Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark