Nitish welcomes Rabri Devi`s candidature
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Monday welcomed opposition RJD`s decision to make former chief minister Rabri Devi its candidate for the ensuing biennial elections to the state Legislative Council scheduled for later this month.
"It is good to know that Rabri Deviji is coming to state Legislative Council... I congratulate her for seeking to become the member of the Upper House," Kumar told reporters.
JD(U) would renominate its present MLCs for the vacancies in the state Legislative Council, he said.
Kumar congratulated the Council Chairman Tarakat Jha for introducing a new system of asking of questions by MLCs and the evaluations.
"It is a good initiative for Parliamentary arrangement," he said and hoped it would help improve the functioning of the Upper House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days