Nitish`s asset declaration statement eyewash: RJD
Patna: RJD today described as `an
eyewash` Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s statement that he
along with his cabinet colleagues would be declaring the
details of their assets every year.
"It is just an eyewash," state RJD spokesperson
Shakeel Ahmed Khan told reporters.
He said all the ministers had already declared their
assets at the time of filing of their nominations for
contesting the assembly polls in Bihar recently.
"The details are available on the websites," Khan said
adding if Kumar was at all inclined for it, he should order
verifications of the actual assets held by his ministers.
Stating that real estate prices (land, houses and
flats) in Bihar had appreciated several times ever since
Nitish Kumar-led NDA came to power in Bihar, he said it would
also be appropriate to order a high-level inquiry to find out
Khan, however, welcomed the state cabinet`s decision
to scrap allocation of funds under the Local Area Development
Scheme for MLAs and MLCs in Bihar. "The MLAs and MLCs be given
more powers for development as an alternative," he said.
Khan also castigated the state government in the light
of the Supreme Court expressing displeasure over the seniority
list submitted by it in the court on the issue of appointment
of 34,540 trained teachers. "It has sullied the image of the
state government before the court," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...