Nitish`s effigy burnt over fuel surcharge on petrol
Patna: Protesting against imposition of Rs. 1.76 on petrol by the Bihar government, the RJD workers on Sunday burnt the effigy of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Patna.
Taking out a protest march from the party office upto the busy Dal Bunglow roundabout, the RJD workers shouted slogans against the state government for imposing an additional Rs. 1.76 surcharge on petrol per litre.
They later burnt Kumar`s effigy.
The protesting RJD leaders alleged that the fuel surcharge will impinge on the common people already reeling under price spiral.
The CPI(M) and Congress also protested imposition of additional fuel surcharge on petrol and demanded rollback of the measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL