Nitish`s opposition to Narendra Modi an eye-wash: Lalu
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Saturday took potshots at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar saying his opposition to Narendra Modi was an eye-wash and he did not have the courage to part company with the BJP.
"His (Nitish) opposition to Narendra Modi is just an eye-wash ... He is acting as a tool of L K Advani in the perceived factional fight between Advani and Modi for becoming the PM nominee," Prasad told PTI over phone from Araria district.
Prasad said "Nitish does not have the courage to part company with the BJP."
Nitish is heading a JD(U)-BJP coalition government in Bihar since 2005.
"If he is genuinely opposed to Modi why did he not quit as minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government after the Gujarat riots in 2002," Prasad questioned.
The RJD chief said the talk of secularism by Kumar did not sound convincing as he was "deeply integrated with BJP and RSS."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis