Nitish`s opposition to Narendra Modi an eye-wash: Lalu
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Saturday took potshots at Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar saying his opposition to Narendra Modi was an eye-wash and he did not have the courage to part company with the BJP.
"His (Nitish) opposition to Narendra Modi is just an eye-wash ... He is acting as a tool of L K Advani in the perceived factional fight between Advani and Modi for becoming the PM nominee," Prasad told PTI over phone from Araria district.
Prasad said "Nitish does not have the courage to part company with the BJP."
Nitish is heading a JD(U)-BJP coalition government in Bihar since 2005.
"If he is genuinely opposed to Modi why did he not quit as minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government after the Gujarat riots in 2002," Prasad questioned.
The RJD chief said the talk of secularism by Kumar did not sound convincing as he was "deeply integrated with BJP and RSS."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?