Nitish`s posturing on Modi a charade says Paswan
Patna: Describing senior JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s posturing as `charade,` LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan on Sunday claimed that Kumar would never sever ties with the BJP for the sake of power in the state.
"Nitish will never sever ties with the BJP on Modi issue or any other matter not only in this life, but in the next seven lives," Paswan told reporters.
Kumar`s posturing on Modi was nothing more than a charade as JD(U) leader would never go for parting ways with the BJP, he said.
Questioning the secular credentials of Kumar vis-a-vis his stand on the 2002 Gujarat riots, Paswan asked why he did not resign as union minister if he was so upset by the incident and cited his own example saying that he had resigned from the then Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in protest against the riots.
He wondered how Kumar was finding virtues in L K Advani who had led the `Ram Temple at Ayodhya` agitation which turned out to be a precursor of demolition of the disputed structure.
There was no difference between Advani and Modi as the latter was a disciple of the BJP patriarch, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- After Anil Vij, Vijay Goel announces support for Dera Sacha's sports village in Haryana
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai conferred with Khel Ratna award
- Attention cinema lovers, Will Smith was a guest at Akshay Kumar's success party! – See pics
- Six scientists end year-long Mars mission
- I have made many fashion blunders: Karisma Kapoor