Nitish`s posturing on Modi a charade says Paswan
Patna: Describing senior JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s posturing as `charade,` LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday claimed that Kumar would never sever ties with the BJP for the sake of power in the state.
"Nitish will never sever ties with the BJP on Modi issue or any other matter not only in this life, but in the next seven lives," Paswan told reporters.
Kumar`s posturing on Modi was nothing more than a charade as JD(U) leader would never go for parting ways with the BJP, he said.
Questioning the secular credentials of Kumar vis-a-vis his stand on the 2002 Gujarat riots, Paswan asked why he did not resign as union minister if he was so upset by the incident and cited his own example saying that he had resigned from the then Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in protest against the riots.
He wondered how Kumar was finding virtues in LK Advani who had led the `Ram Temple at Ayodhya` agitation which turned out to be a precursor of demolition of the disputed structure.
There was no difference between Advani and Modi as the latter was a disciple of the BJP patriarch, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!