Nitish`s posturing on Modi a charade says Paswan
Patna: Describing senior JD(U) leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s posturing as `charade,` LJP supremo Ramvilas Paswan on Saturday claimed that Kumar would never sever ties with the BJP for the sake of power in the state.
"Nitish will never sever ties with the BJP on Modi issue or any other matter not only in this life, but in the next seven lives," Paswan told reporters.
Kumar`s posturing on Modi was nothing more than a charade as JD(U) leader would never go for parting ways with the BJP, he said.
Questioning the secular credentials of Kumar vis-a-vis his stand on the 2002 Gujarat riots, Paswan asked why he did not resign as union minister if he was so upset by the incident and cited his own example saying that he had resigned from the then Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in protest against the riots.
He wondered how Kumar was finding virtues in LK Advani who had led the `Ram Temple at Ayodhya` agitation which turned out to be a precursor of demolition of the disputed structure.
There was no difference between Advani and Modi as the latter was a disciple of the BJP patriarch, Paswan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi