Nitish`s Seva Yatra nothing but eyewash: Nirupam
Patna: Taking a dig at Bihar Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar for undertaking Seva Yatra, Congress leader
Sanjay Nirupam on Saturday said it was "nothing but an eyewash" and
a "waste of public money".
"Nothing happened when Nitish Kumar undertook five yatras
earlier... This yatra too is an eyewash and loot, and waste of
public funds," he alleged.
"The Seva Yatra is not going to change the prospects of
Congress nominee from Laukaha (where assembly bypoll is
scheduled on November 30)... We have already started the
campaign and we are hopeful of a favourable result," he said.
Referring to charges levelled by party candidate Kalika
Sharan Singh, defeated by JD(U) in the recent bypoll to
Daraunda in Siwan district, that senior party leaders had
"ditched and defrauded" him, he said it was in "bad taste".
Singh should have raised his grievances within the party
instead of going to the press.
"However, AICC is looking into the complaint... The party
will not spare any leader if he is found to be guilty in
this connection," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley