Nitish`s Seva Yatra nothing but eyewash: Nirupam
Patna: Taking a dig at Bihar Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar for undertaking Seva Yatra, Congress leader
Sanjay Nirupam on Saturday said it was "nothing but an eyewash" and
a "waste of public money".
"Nothing happened when Nitish Kumar undertook five yatras
earlier... This yatra too is an eyewash and loot, and waste of
public funds," he alleged.
"The Seva Yatra is not going to change the prospects of
Congress nominee from Laukaha (where assembly bypoll is
scheduled on November 30)... We have already started the
campaign and we are hopeful of a favourable result," he said.
Referring to charges levelled by party candidate Kalika
Sharan Singh, defeated by JD(U) in the recent bypoll to
Daraunda in Siwan district, that senior party leaders had
"ditched and defrauded" him, he said it was in "bad taste".
Singh should have raised his grievances within the party
instead of going to the press.
"However, AICC is looking into the complaint... The party
will not spare any leader if he is found to be guilty in
this connection," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka