NMO against Centre`s move of scrapping MCI
Patna: Flaying the Centre`s move of scrapping
of Medical Council of India and replacing it with a 14-member
committee to regulate medical education in the country, the
National Medicos Organisation on Sunday appealed to doctors to
oppose the decision.
Medical practitioners should come together to unitedly
oppose the Centre`s decision to scrap the MCI and replace it
with a 14-member committee to regulate medical education in
the country, NMO president Pawan Kumar Gupta told reporters.
The formation of a small committee in place of the
140-member MCI to regulate medical education was not in public
interest, he said.
He said medicos affiliated with NMO should submit their
objections by April 8 so that a memorandum could be prepared
and handed over to the Centre to review its decision of
scrapping the MCI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account