NMO against Centre`s move of scrapping MCI
Patna: Flaying the Centre`s move of scrapping
of Medical Council of India and replacing it with a 14-member
committee to regulate medical education in the country, the
National Medicos Organisation on Sunday appealed to doctors to
oppose the decision.
Medical practitioners should come together to unitedly
oppose the Centre`s decision to scrap the MCI and replace it
with a 14-member committee to regulate medical education in
the country, NMO president Pawan Kumar Gupta told reporters.
The formation of a small committee in place of the
140-member MCI to regulate medical education was not in public
interest, he said.
He said medicos affiliated with NMO should submit their
objections by April 8 so that a memorandum could be prepared
and handed over to the Centre to review its decision of
scrapping the MCI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma