No challenge to BJP: Sushil Kumar Modi on possible JDU-RJD alliance
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday dismissed any challenge arising from a possible tie up between Janata Dal (United) and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) in Bihar.
"There is no challenge to us. They have fought together earlier also," Sushil Modi told media here today.
He said that the JDU, the RJD and the Congress fought the Lok Sabha elections together but could manage just six seats in Bihar.
"There was a tacit understanding between these parties in the Lok Sabha elections but it turned out to be a complete failure," he said.
He pointed out that people do not want the return of Lalu`s rule and lawlessness in the state.
"Nitish Kumar had got a mandate to fight Lalu but instead he is joining hands with him. He does not have any morality or ethics left in him. This alliance is solely aimed at stopping the BJP," he added.
"The people of Bihar want to give the BJP a chance. They want to give our alliance with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and other parties a chance to serve," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?