No challenge to BJP: Sushil Kumar Modi on possible JDU-RJD alliance
Patna: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Sunday dismissed any challenge arising from a possible tie up between Janata Dal (United) and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) in Bihar.
"There is no challenge to us. They have fought together earlier also," Sushil Modi told media here today.
He said that the JDU, the RJD and the Congress fought the Lok Sabha elections together but could manage just six seats in Bihar.
"There was a tacit understanding between these parties in the Lok Sabha elections but it turned out to be a complete failure," he said.
He pointed out that people do not want the return of Lalu`s rule and lawlessness in the state.
"Nitish Kumar had got a mandate to fight Lalu but instead he is joining hands with him. He does not have any morality or ethics left in him. This alliance is solely aimed at stopping the BJP," he added.
"The people of Bihar want to give the BJP a chance. They want to give our alliance with the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) and other parties a chance to serve," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory