No difference between the Congress and BJP: Karat
Patna: CPI(M) General Secretary Prakash Karat on Wednesday said there was no difference between the Congress and the BJP as far as corruption was concerned.
"There is no difference between the Congress and the BJP as far as corruption is concerned. Both are the progenitors and advocates of neo-liberal policies," Karat
alleged at the inaugural session of the 21st CPI congress here.
"If the Congress-led government cannot live down the infamy of the 2g spectrum scandal, the BJP cannot escape the responsibility for the loot of the mining resources farmers, exploitation of the working class, exploitation of natural resources through corrupt methods, and levels of hunger and malnutrition should shame any civilised society.
Stating that situation was vastly different from the last congress of the CPI, he said that his party withdrew support to the UPA government on the issue of its strategic
alliance with the US which centred on the nuclear deal.
"The UPA-II government which came into office after the last Lok Sabha election has been pursuing the same path of neo-liberal policies which we were opposed to during its earlier tenure too," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble