No entry to Alagiri via Madurai jail`s main gate
Madurai: Citing rules, central jail authorities
here refused to open the main gate for Union Ministers MK
Alagiri and Napolean who were visiting a party functionary
arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, officials
said on Tuesday.
The incident happened yesterday.
Authorities said they had come as partymen and not
as ministers and hence jail manual rules had to be followed.
Jail Superintendent Tamizhselvan said the rule was same for
Later the ministers entered through the mini-door"(Thitti
Kathavu) provided at the entrance and met DMK District
secretary Karuppasamy Pandian inside the prison, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice