No entry to Alagiri via Madurai jail`s main gate
Madurai: Citing rules, central jail authorities
here refused to open the main gate for Union Ministers MK
Alagiri and Napolean who were visiting a party functionary
arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, officials
said on Tuesday.
The incident happened yesterday.
Authorities said they had come as partymen and not
as ministers and hence jail manual rules had to be followed.
Jail Superintendent Tamizhselvan said the rule was same for
Later the ministers entered through the mini-door"(Thitti
Kathavu) provided at the entrance and met DMK District
secretary Karuppasamy Pandian inside the prison, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!