No entry to Alagiri via Madurai jail`s main gate
Madurai: Citing rules, central jail authorities
here refused to open the main gate for Union Ministers MK
Alagiri and Napolean who were visiting a party functionary
arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, officials
said on Tuesday.
The incident happened yesterday.
Authorities said they had come as partymen and not
as ministers and hence jail manual rules had to be followed.
Jail Superintendent Tamizhselvan said the rule was same for
Later the ministers entered through the mini-door"(Thitti
Kathavu) provided at the entrance and met DMK District
secretary Karuppasamy Pandian inside the prison, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming