No entry to Alagiri via Madurai jail`s main gate
Madurai: Citing rules, central jail authorities
here refused to open the main gate for Union Ministers MK
Alagiri and Napolean who were visiting a party functionary
arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, officials
said on Tuesday.
The incident happened yesterday.
Authorities said they had come as partymen and not
as ministers and hence jail manual rules had to be followed.
Jail Superintendent Tamizhselvan said the rule was same for
Later the ministers entered through the mini-door"(Thitti
Kathavu) provided at the entrance and met DMK District
secretary Karuppasamy Pandian inside the prison, officials
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere