No Holi celebration for Nitish
Patna: Millions in Bihar celebrated Holi Monday with traditional fervour. But Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not one of them, and it was a low key Holi for RJD leader Lalu Prasad.
Nitish Kumar did not mark Holi to express grief over the death of 23 children who died after consuming mid-day meal in a rural school in Saran district in July last year.
Nitish Kumar is known to play Holi with friends and colleagues.
On the other hand, Lalu Prasad also did not play his trademark `kapda phaar` (cloth tearing) Holi, his aides said, saying he was tired following hectic campaigning for the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another