No Holi celebration for Nitish
Patna: Millions in Bihar celebrated Holi Monday with traditional fervour. But Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was not one of them, and it was a low key Holi for RJD leader Lalu Prasad.
Nitish Kumar did not mark Holi to express grief over the death of 23 children who died after consuming mid-day meal in a rural school in Saran district in July last year.
Nitish Kumar is known to play Holi with friends and colleagues.
On the other hand, Lalu Prasad also did not play his trademark `kapda phaar` (cloth tearing) Holi, his aides said, saying he was tired following hectic campaigning for the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan
- Will expedite trial in Sheena case: Judge
- In process of overturning 'illegal decisions' of AAP Govt: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung
- Huawei smartphones to come pre-loaded with Truecaller
- Cricket in USA, 1st T20I: West Indies eye comeback after demolition in Tests; MS Dhoni & Co seek revenge