No lack of coordination or differences within NDA: Nitish
Patna: Rubbishing reports about lack of
coordination and differences within NDA, Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar today asserted that there was "perfect" understanding
among leaders and grassroot workers of JD(U) and BJP and joint
campaigning was going on in full swing in Bihar.
"There is perfect and effective coordination between
leaders and grassroot workers of the two parties and joint
campaigning by leaders is going on in full swing," Kumar told
a press conference here.
He described as "rubbish and baseless" reports in a
section of the press regarding confusion over joint
campaigning by NDA leaders.
Pointing out that altogether 182 constituencies will go to
polls in the first four phases in Bihar within a span of
hardly eight to nine days, he said it had become difficult for
the leaders to campaign jointly.
"Despite this, leaders and workers are joining the
meetings held by the two parties and jointly campaigning in
the constituencies for canvassing support for NDA," he said.
Kumar said he will hold meetings jointly with senior BJP
leaders at several places.
He once again took the opportunity to take on rivals
RJD-LJP combine and Congress and accused the two opposition
parties of being "hand-in-glove".
They (RJD and Congress) may have turned bitter critics of
each other to befool and mislead the people at the time of
elections, but they will be joining hands after the elections,
He wondered how Lalu Prasad could occupy a front seat in
the Lok Sabha without Congress` support.
Arun Jaitley, senior BJP leader, who was also present at
the press conference, congratulated Kumar for doing
"exceedingly well" in Bihar.
According to BJP sources, senior party leader L K Advani
will campaign in Bihar from October 20.
In the last elections in 2005, Advani and JD(U) President
Sharad Yadav had campaigned together.
Further seeking to substantiate his charge against the
Congress, Chief Minister recalled that the Congress had come
to the rescue of the Rabri Devi government in 1997 when it
was reduced to a minority.
The Congress which had in 2000 ruled out any pact with
Lalu Prasad`s RJD in 2005 and had contested the elections
all alone, had later allowed all its MLAs to join the Rabri
Devi ministry, he said.
"It is enough to understand the relations between the
two parties-- Congress and RJD and people will give them a
fitting reply this election", Chief Minister said.
"I am seeking Janadesh (mandate) for turning Bihar into
a developed state by 2015, while the RJD wants to return the
jungle raj and anarachy", he said adding it was now upto the
people to decide between the two ""and I hope the NDA has the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof