No Maoist hand behind Rajdhani derailment: Probe panel
Patna: There was no Maoist hand behind the June 26 derailment of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express in Bihar`s Saran district that killed four people and injured 22 others.
It was a result of technical fault and negligence of the railways, revealed the report of the Special Investigation Team, constituted by the state government to ascertain what caused the accident, an official said Friday.
Saran Superintendent of Police Sudhir Kumar said the Special Investigating Team (SIT) probe report has made it clear that derailment was the result of a technical fault and negligence of railways.
"SIT has come to this conclusion after samples of damaged fastening clips and pieces of rust-stained railway tracks were tested in the Patna forensic science laboratory," Kumar said.
There was no sign of railway tracks blasted or any sabotage, he said.
He said the same samples would be send to the National Metallurgical Laboratory, Jamshedpur, in Jharkhand for tests after the court granted permission for it.
The SIT has recorded the statements of about 45 railway employees in this connection.
The railway`s safety panel is also probing the derailment. The Commissioner of Railway Safety (Eastern Circle) PK Vajpayee visited the derailment site in Saran last month for investigation.
Twelve bogies of the Delhi-Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express derailed at Bishanpur village near Goldenganj railway station in Chhapra, district headquarters of Saran.
The Bihar government had already ruled out involvement of Maoists in the derailment and blamed poor maintenance of tracks as the cause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad