No Modi wave in Siwan, claims Shahabuddin`s wife
Siwan: She had lost the polls last time from here but RJD candidate Heena Shahab claims the development work done by her incarcerated husband and four-time ex-MP Mohammad Shahabuddin will work in her favour as she dismissed any `Modi wave` in her constituency.
Heena made her electoral debut in 2009 after Shahabuddin was denied permission to contest due to his conviction in a case of kidnapping with intent to murder. She lost by a margin of 63000 votes to Independent Om Prakash Yadav, who has joined BJP and fighting this time on the saffron party`s ticket.
She also said that there is nothing like a `Modi wave` in Siwan.
She claimed that Modi is trying to cajole Muslims.
"But people in Siwan will not get trapped. They are mature enough to choose a candidate who is not seeking votes on the basis of religion and caste," Heena told PTI.
"Last time they spread false rumours and won the election playing communal card. Current MP (Yadav) now has joined BJP. Modi is doing similar thing at the national level," she alleged.
Heena said she had never thought of entering politics before her husband went to jail and so could not connect with voters last time. But now she said she is better prepared.
"People say that they did not even see my face in the 2009 elections so they did not vote for me. This might be a reason for my defeat but this time I am meeting them personally. The nervousness is gone and I am more confident now," she said.
"I was not prepared to contest elections in 2009 and initially said no. It was tough for a woman like me whose world was limited to her family and who was eagerly waiting for her husband`s return. I only knew that he (Shahabuddin) will come out and contest but when it was confirmed that he could not contest, then only I made up my mind," she said.
"I had only 16 days after filing nomination and lost my mother four days after that. This time I knew in advance that I will contest and am better prepared."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt