No Modi wave in Siwan, claims Shahabuddin`s wife
Siwan: She had lost the polls last time from here but RJD candidate Heena Shahab claims the development work done by her incarcerated husband and four-time ex-MP Mohammad Shahabuddin will work in her favour as she dismissed any `Modi wave` in her constituency.
Heena made her electoral debut in 2009 after Shahabuddin was denied permission to contest due to his conviction in a case of kidnapping with intent to murder. She lost by a margin of 63000 votes to Independent Om Prakash Yadav, who has joined BJP and fighting this time on the saffron party`s ticket.
She also said that there is nothing like a `Modi wave` in Siwan.
She claimed that Modi is trying to cajole Muslims.
"But people in Siwan will not get trapped. They are mature enough to choose a candidate who is not seeking votes on the basis of religion and caste," Heena told PTI.
"Last time they spread false rumours and won the election playing communal card. Current MP (Yadav) now has joined BJP. Modi is doing similar thing at the national level," she alleged.
Heena said she had never thought of entering politics before her husband went to jail and so could not connect with voters last time. But now she said she is better prepared.
"People say that they did not even see my face in the 2009 elections so they did not vote for me. This might be a reason for my defeat but this time I am meeting them personally. The nervousness is gone and I am more confident now," she said.
"I was not prepared to contest elections in 2009 and initially said no. It was tough for a woman like me whose world was limited to her family and who was eagerly waiting for her husband`s return. I only knew that he (Shahabuddin) will come out and contest but when it was confirmed that he could not contest, then only I made up my mind," she said.
"I had only 16 days after filing nomination and lost my mother four days after that. This time I knew in advance that I will contest and am better prepared."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’