No plans as of now to excavate Nalanda University
New Delhi: Archaeological Survey of India
(ASI) on Thursday said there are no plans as of now to conduct
excavations at Nalanda University site, though it has allowed
permission to Bihar government to start excavations at Telhara
in the same district.
A government release said here that "there is no
immediate proposal of ASI to excavate the ancient heritage of
Nalanda University. However it has permitted the Department of
Archaeology of the state government to excavate at Telhara in
Apart from this, ASI has also signed an MoU with Nav
Nalanda Mahavihar to undertake some excavations jointly in the
Nalanda region, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'