No politics behind praising Rahul Gandhi: Shatrughan
New Delhi: Rubbishing reports that his
praise for Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was a "pressure
tactic" to get Rajya Sabha nomination for his wife Poonam,
actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha on Tuesday said there was no
truth in it.
"It was my personal opinion...I believe in healthy
politics based on issues...I do not consider my political
adversary as my enemy," the BJP Lok Sabha member from Patna
Saheb told news agency.
"Though many people would love to see Poonam Sinha in
the Parliament because she has been working as a social and
political activist for the past over 20 years...but it is for
the party and the people to decide," Sinha said before leaving
for Arunachal Pradesh to campaign for the party.
Sinha`s reaction came amid a section of BJP leaders
viewing "political designs" in his praise for Rahul.
"A man born with a silver spoon staying in the huts of
poor dalits and sharing their woes deserves a sincere
praise...In the past also, I held late Prime Minister Indira
Gandhi in high esteem and had praised veteran communist leader
Jyoti Basu, BSP supremo Kanshi Ram and SP general secretary
Amar Singh on personal grounds," he said.
Describing Rahul as a dynamic and promising leader, the
BJP leader on his arrival in Patna from Nagpur on Saturday had
said, "He (Rahul) is hard working and his work for the common
people at the grass root level is appreciable...he has a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University