No possibility of Third Front: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Monday rubbished the possibility of the formation of a third front and said he did not foresee early parliamentary polls.
"There is no possibility of the formation of the third front now," Nitish Kumar told newspersons here.
He said his Janata Dal-United was a part of the Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and will not desert the NDA.
The chief minister said the Congress was afraid of a mid-term election and "it will not go for mid-term polls".
But his party, he added, was ready for elections -- whenever it was held.
There is widespread speculation about early elections to the Lok Sabha after the Samajwadi Party recorded a resounding electoral victory in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'