No possibility of Third Front: Nitish Kumar
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar Monday rubbished the possibility of the formation of a third front and said he did not foresee early parliamentary polls.
"There is no possibility of the formation of the third front now," Nitish Kumar told newspersons here.
He said his Janata Dal-United was a part of the Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and will not desert the NDA.
The chief minister said the Congress was afraid of a mid-term election and "it will not go for mid-term polls".
But his party, he added, was ready for elections -- whenever it was held.
There is widespread speculation about early elections to the Lok Sabha after the Samajwadi Party recorded a resounding electoral victory in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing