No post-poll pact with RJD, LJP: Congress
Patna: Congress on Saturday ruled out possibility
of a post-poll pact with the RJD-LJP combine in Bihar, saying
the party would rather sit in the Opposition if it failed to
obtain majority on its own.
"The Congress will not have a post-poll pact with RJD-LJP
combine in Bihar and it will rather sit in the Opposition in
the event of not obtaining majority on its own," Congress
Media Cell Chairman Premchandra Mishra told reporters here.
He said there is also a possibility of the polls throwing
up a hung assembly and the Congress emerging as the largest
"We are confident of emphatic return in Bihar after a
period of 20 years ... This election will prove to be highly
beneficial as the party will revive its lost mass base under
the stewardship of Rahul Gandhi," Mishra said.
Referring to the polls held in 26 assembly seats in Bihar
today, Mishra claimed Congress nominees had comfortable
position in 11 seats.
Reacting to JD(U) national spokesperson Shivanand
Tiwari`s comment that Rahul Gandhi`s charisma had failed to
work in Bihar, he said the results would prove otherwise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead
- Watch this beautiful video of Grand Canyon of Tuolumne River from space!
- India link emerges in $3.5-billion forex trading fraud at HSBC