No problem to contest from Buxar: Choubey
Patna: BJP leader Ashwani Choubey on Thursday rubbished rumours that he had asked for a ticket from his native place Bhagalpur to fight the Lok Sabha polls and said he has accepted party`s order to fulfil the mission of making Narendra Modi the country`s next prime minister.
"I had never asked for ticket from any constituency... And I was not even angry over the nomination of Shahnawaz Hussain from my birth place Bhagalpur but was chintit (anxious)," Choubey told reporters here.
"Now that the party has ordered me to contest from Buxar I will turn it as an opportunity," he added.
Choubey, who was a minister in Nitish Kumar`s NDA government, has been made BJP`s candidate from Buxar instead of his native Bhagalpur.
In Buxar, Choubey will replace veteran BJP leader Lalmuni Choubey, who had won there thrice but lost to RJD in the 2009 elections.
He said that contesting polls from constituencies away from native place has been a common practice in politics and cited the example of George Fernandes, contesting from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur though he was from a different part of the country.
Choubey, incidentally, had appealed party leadership to shift `outsider` Shahnawaz Hussain from Bhagalpur to minority dominated constituency of Kisanganj or Araria.
"These are past things and its better to forget them for a bright future of BJP in the state," he stated.
He evaded the question on his objection to BJP`s and tie-up with Ramvilas Paswan`s LJP in the state, saying that the party`s sole target was to win all 40 Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up