No proposal to give salary to panchayat reps
Patna: Bihar Panchayati Raj Minister Bhim
Singh on Wednesday told the state Assembly that there was no proposal
for providing salary to the representatives of Panchayati Raj
institutions on the pattern of MPs and MLAs in the state.
Replying to a short-notice question of RJD MLA Bhai
Vuirendra in the House, Singh said Panchayati Raj institutions
are "autonomous" and there was no proposal for providing
salary and allowances to the representatives of Panchayati Raj
institutions on the pattern of MPs and MLAs.
"Moreover, the state government is paying the
representatives of the Panchayati Raj institutions in Bihar a
fixed allowance per month," Singh said.
Singh accepted the fact that there are altogether 2.6
lakh elected representatives in 38 districts in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof