No upper caste leader can become Bihar CM again: Lalu
Patna: Claiming to have been the catalyst
for social justice in Bihar, RJD president Lalu Prasad today
said no leader from forward communities could dream of
becoming the Chief Minister of the state in future.
At the same time he hastened to say that he stood for the
welfare of all communities and had even proposed 10 per cent
job quota for the poor upper castemen if the RJD-LJP combine
returned to power in the coming assembly polls.
Prasad, who was addressing a function at the RJD office
here, said he would put Bihar on the map of developed states
in the next five years if voted to power and urged the
electorate to ignore Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s alleged
attempts to create fear in the public mind about the state of
affairs during 15 years of the RJD rule in the state.
Kumar was harping on the RJD`s 15 year-rule as part of a
`sinister campaign` against his party, he said and claimed
that canards about him and his party would not help the Chief
Minister retain his power.
Prasad also flayed the NDA government for
`institutionalising corruption` in Bihar by allegedly allowing
bureaucrats to loot public funds under MNREGA and investing
the money in real estate here.
The RJD-LJP combine if voted to power would investigate
each case of corruption and punish the guilty officials and
public servants, he said.
He also demanded a CBI probe into the submission of fake
detailed contingency (DC) bills by the state government
against appropriation of Rs 11,412 crore withdrawn from the
treasury since 2002 for development and welfare activities.
The state government officials have been coerced to
submit fake DC bills to justify the appropriation of the
funds, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’