Nod sought for academic session at AIIMS, Patna
Patna: With the college building and residential quarters complete at the AIIMS here, a central government project, the Bihar government has written to the Union Health minsitry for permission to start the academic session from August.
The union health ministry has been requested to issue notification for admission of 100 MBBS students for the academic session, Bihar Health minister Ashwani Chaube who wrote to his union counterpart Gulam Nabi Azad yesterday, said today.
Undergraduate medical students of AIIMS will do their practicals at the 300-bed Guru Govind Singh hospital at Patna City, he said.
The health minister who made an inspection said infrastructure like electricity, water, roads for doctors and medical students were satisfactory.
The AIIMS hospital building was under construction and was expected to be functional next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test