Nod sought for academic session at AIIMS, Patna
Patna: With the college building and residential quarters complete at the AIIMS here, a central government project, the Bihar government has written to the Union Health minsitry for permission to start the academic session from August.
The union health ministry has been requested to issue notification for admission of 100 MBBS students for the academic session, Bihar Health minister Ashwani Chaube who wrote to his union counterpart Gulam Nabi Azad yesterday, said today.
Undergraduate medical students of AIIMS will do their practicals at the 300-bed Guru Govind Singh hospital at Patna City, he said.
The health minister who made an inspection said infrastructure like electricity, water, roads for doctors and medical students were satisfactory.
The AIIMS hospital building was under construction and was expected to be functional next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video