Nod sought for academic session at AIIMS, Patna
Patna: With the college building and residential quarters complete at the AIIMS here, a central government project, the Bihar government has written to the Union Health minsitry for permission to start the academic session from August.
The union health ministry has been requested to issue notification for admission of 100 MBBS students for the academic session, Bihar Health minister Ashwani Chaube who wrote to his union counterpart Gulam Nabi Azad yesterday, said today.
Undergraduate medical students of AIIMS will do their practicals at the 300-bed Guru Govind Singh hospital at Patna City, he said.
The health minister who made an inspection said infrastructure like electricity, water, roads for doctors and medical students were satisfactory.
The AIIMS hospital building was under construction and was expected to be functional next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab