Non-bailable arrest warrant issued against Saharsa DM
Begusarai: A local court on Wednesday issued
a non-bailable arrest warrant against Saharsa district
magistrate R Laxman and another person for misbehaving with a
woman and her husband in April 2006.
Gauri Rai, a resident of Amarpur village, had lodged an
FIR against R Laxman, a trainee IAS officer who was
functioning as block development officer and four others under
various sections of the IPC on April 18,2006 with the local
police station here.
First class judicial magistrate N K Priyadarshi after
hearing both the sides issued a non bailable warrant of arrest
against Laxman and Beero Ram.
Four other accused in the case had already secured bail.
Laxman is now the district magistrate of Saharsa.
Laxman could not be contacted as he is on leave till
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered