Non-bailable arrest warrant issued against Saharsa DM
Begusarai: A local court on Wednesday issued
a non-bailable arrest warrant against Saharsa district
magistrate R Laxman and another person for misbehaving with a
woman and her husband in April 2006.
Gauri Rai, a resident of Amarpur village, had lodged an
FIR against R Laxman, a trainee IAS officer who was
functioning as block development officer and four others under
various sections of the IPC on April 18,2006 with the local
police station here.
First class judicial magistrate N K Priyadarshi after
hearing both the sides issued a non bailable warrant of arrest
against Laxman and Beero Ram.
Four other accused in the case had already secured bail.
Laxman is now the district magistrate of Saharsa.
Laxman could not be contacted as he is on leave till
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore