Notification issued for 5th phase poll in Bihar
Patna: Election Commission Friday issued notification for holding elections to 35 Assembly seats in Bihar going to poll in the fifth phase on November 9.
"We have issued the notification for holding elections to 35 assembly constituencies in the third phase," Additional Chief Electoral Officer Kumar Anshumali said.
The scrutiny of papers will be made for the phase on October 23 while October 25 will be the last date for the withdrawal of candidatures, he said.
Of the 35 constituencies, polling will be held in Naxal-hit constituencies of Rajauli, Gobindpur, Arwal, Kurtha, Jehanabad, Ghosi, Makhdumpur, Bodh Gaya, Phulwari, Masaurhi, Paliganj and Bikram between 7 AM and 3 PM, while the voting will take place in the rest of the constituencies between 7 AM and 5 PM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!