Notification issued for polls in six LS seats in Bihar
New Delhi: The notification for polling in six constituencies in Bihar on April 10 was issued Thursday, starting the process for the nine-phased elections to the 16th Lok Sabha.
President Pranab Mukherjee issued the notification for the polling in these constituencies on the recommendation of the Union Cabinet to which the Election Commission had sent the schedule.
Sasaram, Karakat, Aurangabad, Gaya, Nawada and Jamui constituencies will go for polls on April 10. While March 20 is the last date for filing nominations, scrutiny of the papers will be held the next day. Candidates in these constituencies can withdraw nominations by March 24.
The first notification for Lok Sabha, however, relates to the third phase of polling to be held on April 10 because of some administrative reasons like a holiday being observed in Bihar on March 22.
The second notification, which will cover the constituencies and states that come under the first phase of polling on April 7, will be issued on Friday. It will cover five constituencies in Assam and one in Tripura.
Saturday, March 15, will see issue of notifications for 93 constituencies spread across 18 states going to polls on April 9 and 10.
On April 9, seven constituencies in five states and on April 10, 86 constituencies in 13 states--including Delhi which has seven seats--will elect members to the Lok Sabha.
The notifications for Assembly elections in Andhra Pradesh, Odisha, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim will be issued by the Governors of respective states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt