Notorious Indian criminal nabbed in Kathmandu
Kathmandu: A notorious Indian gangster, Bablu Dubey, accused of killing 36 people in East and West Champaran districts of Bihar, has been arrested by Nepalese Police here.
Dubey was paraded at the Narayani Zonal Police Office on Wednesday. Later, he was later taken to Birgunj, a town bordering Raxaul district of Bihar, where he is accused of murdering dozens of people.
The police is still investigating his involvement in various criminal activities, said Keshav Adhikari, Deputy Inspector General of Police and spokesman of Nepal Police.
"So far, we could not establish whether he has committed any crime in Nepal or not," he added.
Police have confiscated five mobile sets, 10 SIM cards, Nepalese Rs 1.73 lakh and Indian Rs 60,000 from him.
Believed to be a resident of Kalyanpur in Bihar, Dubey has reportedly served 10 years in jail after being convicted of various crimes, including murder and bank robbery.
He is said to have formed the Bihar People`s Party, an underground outfit, while he was serving his sentence.
According to the local police, Dubey`s outfit is accused of murdering some three dozen Indian nationals and collecting over Rs 100 million in ransom in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30