Now, a chair thrown at Nitish Kumar
Nawada, Bihar: Protests continued against Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar – who is on ‘Adhikar yatra’ across the state- on Tuesday when a youth tried to throw a chair at him during a rally in Nawada.
As per initial reports, the unnamed youth was part of the crowd waiting for the Chief Minister to arrive at the rally venue. He threw a plastic chair at Nitish Kumar while he was walking towards the stage from his car.
Luckily, the chair narrowly missed Kumar.
The youth was arrested and is being questioned by the police. JD(U) leader Neeraj Kumar termed the attack as part of a larger conspiracy and claimed that the youth was a RJD worker, however, there is no official confirmation on the same.
Earlier, condemning similar attacks, Nitish Kumar said the violence by protesters during his ongoing was unbecoming of democratic and political culture of the state.
"The protesters pelted stones on my motorcade and made a bid on my life related stories apparently to stop me in my endeavour to seek betterment of Bihar and its people by getting special status," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest