Now, BJP accuses JD(U) of denying permission to hold function
Patna: Amid strain in ties, the BJP on Friday accused JD(U) of denying it permission to hold a function of party chief Rajnath Singh here on June 23.
The Education department has denied permission to hold a function of BJP president Rajnath Singh in a local school, state party chief Mangal Pandey told reporters after a core committee meet at Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi`s residence.
He said Singh is scheduled to address BJP workers for which they had sought permission for Miller school ground.
"The same school ground was used by JD(U) for its Adhikar rally in November last year and permission is not given to alliance partner to hold function of its national President," he said and criticised behaviour of the party.
JD(U) minister Gautam Singh had displayed banners in the same ground and the party had put up pandals in the school ground during the Adhikar rally in support of special category status for Bihar, he said.
The Bihar BJP president said the matter was discussed in the core committee meeting and all the members including senior BJP ministers criticised the "unsavoury" event. He said a new venue would be chosen for Singh`s function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days