Objectionable materials seized from Bihar jail
Kishanganj: The district authorities on Saturday seized objectionable materials from the divisional jail in Bihar`s Kishanganj district, official sources said.
A team of officials headed by the District Magistrate Aditya Kumar Das and the Superintendent of Police (SP) Manoj Kumar searched the jail premises and seized a mobile phone, ganza, scissor, blade, cigarettes and Rs 600 cash from various cells of the inmates, the sources said.
An investigation was going on as to how these objectionable materials were allowed to be used by the inmates and find out those jail officials and guards who colluded with acquaintances of the inmates who brought in these materials, they said.
The search was carried out in the divisional jail premises after an inmate lodged there had called a doctor on his mobile phone and threatened him with dire consequences, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!