Objectionable materials seized from Bihar jail
Kishanganj: The district authorities on Saturday seized objectionable materials from the divisional jail in Bihar`s Kishanganj district, official sources said.
A team of officials headed by the District Magistrate Aditya Kumar Das and the Superintendent of Police (SP) Manoj Kumar searched the jail premises and seized a mobile phone, ganza, scissor, blade, cigarettes and Rs 600 cash from various cells of the inmates, the sources said.
An investigation was going on as to how these objectionable materials were allowed to be used by the inmates and find out those jail officials and guards who colluded with acquaintances of the inmates who brought in these materials, they said.
The search was carried out in the divisional jail premises after an inmate lodged there had called a doctor on his mobile phone and threatened him with dire consequences, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics