Objectionable materials seized from Bihar jail
Kishanganj: The district authorities on Saturday seized objectionable materials from the divisional jail in Bihar`s Kishanganj district, official sources said.
A team of officials headed by the District Magistrate Aditya Kumar Das and the Superintendent of Police (SP) Manoj Kumar searched the jail premises and seized a mobile phone, ganza, scissor, blade, cigarettes and Rs 600 cash from various cells of the inmates, the sources said.
An investigation was going on as to how these objectionable materials were allowed to be used by the inmates and find out those jail officials and guards who colluded with acquaintances of the inmates who brought in these materials, they said.
The search was carried out in the divisional jail premises after an inmate lodged there had called a doctor on his mobile phone and threatened him with dire consequences, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000