One killed as goods train`s engine derails after hitting truck
Begusarai: The engine of a goods train on Sunday derailed on Barauni-Garhara loop line in Begusarai district after hitting a truck which was crossing the tracks at a dysfunctional crossing on NH31, Railway sources said.
While the truck driver died on the spot, his helper was injured.
The impact of collision was so powerful that the engine derailed disrupting rail traffic on the loop line for several hours, the sources said.
The goods train had not noticed the stone-chips laden truck due to poor visibility, the sources said.
The engine was ejected and the wagons were coupled to a new engine before it proceeded for its onward journey, the sources said.
Meanwhile, Sonepur division DRM Ramanlal Gupta has ordered a high-level probe into the matter and said that strict action will be taken for employees for improper maintenance of the railway crossing as the signal and the iron gates were found not to be working.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened