One killed during train robbery in Bihar
Jamui (Bihar): One person was killed and
three others were wounded by armed robbers who looted cash and
jewellery of passengers of the Punjab Mail near Simutala halt
in Kiul-Asansol section of East Central Railway early Saturday,
About 12 bandits boarded the S-4 coach of the
Amritsar-bound train from Howrah and looted valuables worth Rs
2 crore from the passengers.
They fired a couple of rounds when some passengers
resisted them. While one Shiv Prasad Gupta was killed on the
spot, three others sustained injuries.
The dacoits pulled the chain and decamped under the
cover of darkness before Jhajha railway station, police said.
The train was stopped at Jhajha for a couple of hours
to facilitate the injured passengers to receive medical aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender