One killed in police firing in Bihar
Darbhanga: A youth was killed and two others injured as police fired at ex-employees of a closed factory during a clash in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
The incident happened as the ex-employees and their families stopped a truck taking out scrap from the premises of closed Ashok Paper Mill last night, DIG, Police, Darbhanga Sudhanshu Kumar said.
The police first tried to persuade the mob, but resorted to lathicharge as the angry people pelted stones, he said.
Additional police forces have been deployed in the town in view of the prevailing tense situation.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Sadar, Neeraj Kumar is camping near the mill premises where a large crowd gathered this morning too, he said.
The youth`s body has been handed over to his family for cremation, Kumar said adding the injured were admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!