One killed in police firing in Bihar
Darbhanga: A youth was killed and two others injured as police fired at ex-employees of a closed factory during a clash in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
The incident happened as the ex-employees and their families stopped a truck taking out scrap from the premises of closed Ashok Paper Mill last night, DIG, Police, Darbhanga Sudhanshu Kumar said.
The police first tried to persuade the mob, but resorted to lathicharge as the angry people pelted stones, he said.
Additional police forces have been deployed in the town in view of the prevailing tense situation.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Sadar, Neeraj Kumar is camping near the mill premises where a large crowd gathered this morning too, he said.
The youth`s body has been handed over to his family for cremation, Kumar said adding the injured were admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez