One killed in police firing in Bihar
Darbhanga: A youth was killed and two others injured as police fired at ex-employees of a closed factory during a clash in Bihar`s Darbhanga district.
The incident happened as the ex-employees and their families stopped a truck taking out scrap from the premises of closed Ashok Paper Mill last night, DIG, Police, Darbhanga Sudhanshu Kumar said.
The police first tried to persuade the mob, but resorted to lathicharge as the angry people pelted stones, he said.
Additional police forces have been deployed in the town in view of the prevailing tense situation.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Sadar, Neeraj Kumar is camping near the mill premises where a large crowd gathered this morning too, he said.
The youth`s body has been handed over to his family for cremation, Kumar said adding the injured were admitted to hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?