One pilgrim dies of electrocution in Dumka
Dumka: One kanwaria (pilgrim) was killed and another suffered serious injury Friday when they accidentally came in touch with a live electric wire at Mohanpur in Deoghar district.
The incident occurred at Ghorma village when a bus full of pilgrims were on the way to Basukinath temple in Dumka district to offer puja after visiting Babadham temple in Deoghar district, the police said.
The victims were sitting on the roof of the bus when they came in contact with a live electric wire, sources said.
The victims were residents of Pakadia village in Maharajgunj of Uttar Pradesh.
While 45-year-old Mithilesh Yadav died on the spot, Sadhu Yadav fell down from the roof and suffered serious injuries, sources said.
Sadhu Yadav was rushed to Sadar Hospital in Dumka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog