One pilgrim dies of electrocution in Dumka
Dumka: One kanwaria (pilgrim) was killed and another suffered serious injury Friday when they accidentally came in touch with a live electric wire at Mohanpur in Deoghar district.
The incident occurred at Ghorma village when a bus full of pilgrims were on the way to Basukinath temple in Dumka district to offer puja after visiting Babadham temple in Deoghar district, the police said.
The victims were sitting on the roof of the bus when they came in contact with a live electric wire, sources said.
The victims were residents of Pakadia village in Maharajgunj of Uttar Pradesh.
While 45-year-old Mithilesh Yadav died on the spot, Sadhu Yadav fell down from the roof and suffered serious injuries, sources said.
Sadhu Yadav was rushed to Sadar Hospital in Dumka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss