Opium crop destroyed in Patna, three held
Patna: Opium crop planted in a farmland spread over one acre was destroyed at Mogalpur village in Patna district Sunday.
The farmer, his son and another person were arrested in this connection, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Manu Maharaj said.
The police also recovered 400 kg opium flower and 200 kg processed ones from the farmer`s house, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport