Oppn creates ruckus in Bihar on withdrawal of CRPF battalions
Patna: The opposition on Monday created ruckus in the assembly flaying the withdrawal of two CRPF battalions from Bihar for deployment elsewhere in the country and wanted to know whether the state government planned to protest the Centre`s move.
The independent MLA Pawan Jaiswal from Dhaka assembly constituency in East Champaran district raised the issue during zero house flaying the Centre`s decision to withdraw two CRPF battalions from Bihar, including one deployed in his home district, and expressed concern that the step will create law and order problems.
Jaiswal was joined by the RJD members led by the Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique and the senior Congress MLA Sadanand Singh in protesting withdrawal of the central paramilitary forces from the state and asked the government whether it has opposed the central move or has any intention to do so.
Apparently not satisfied with the government`s reply, the opposition members trooped into the well of the house before staging a walk out for a brief period.
Amid the din, the Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary asked the agitating members to resume their seats and allow the state government to reply on the issue.
The Water Resources Department (WRD) Minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, in his capacity as the Home Minister in-charge, decried the Centre`s move to withdraw two CRPF battalions from Bihar and described the move as unilateral.
The state government was neither consulted or informed about it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31