Oppn creates ruckus in Council over Katju remarks
Patna: Opposition RJD and Congress members
today created ruckus in Bihar Legislative Council over PCI
chairman Markandey Katju`s remarks against Bihar government
for allegedly undermining the freedom of press and brought an
adjournment motion seeking a debate on the issue.
After shouting slogans against the state government in
the wake of Katju`s statement, RJD and Congress MLCs led by
Roma Bharati and Jyoti raised the issue in the Council during
Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, Ghulam
Ghaus and others brought an adjournment notice seeking
immediate adjournment of the House for a debate on freedom of
Chairman Tarakant Jha rejected the adjournment notice
leading to uproar in the House.
Jha said the PCI chairman had already constituted a
three-member probe panel and had asked the state government to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet
- Novak Djokovic poised to become first man to win $100 million in prize money
- Bihar Board class 10th results: More than 50 percent students fail in exams - Is this the reason?