Oppn creates ruckus in Council over Katju remarks
Patna: Opposition RJD and Congress members
today created ruckus in Bihar Legislative Council over PCI
chairman Markandey Katju`s remarks against Bihar government
for allegedly undermining the freedom of press and brought an
adjournment motion seeking a debate on the issue.
After shouting slogans against the state government in
the wake of Katju`s statement, RJD and Congress MLCs led by
Roma Bharati and Jyoti raised the issue in the Council during
Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, Ghulam
Ghaus and others brought an adjournment notice seeking
immediate adjournment of the House for a debate on freedom of
Chairman Tarakant Jha rejected the adjournment notice
leading to uproar in the House.
Jha said the PCI chairman had already constituted a
three-member probe panel and had asked the state government to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India