Oppn creates ruckus in Council over Katju remarks
Patna: Opposition RJD and Congress members
today created ruckus in Bihar Legislative Council over PCI
chairman Markandey Katju`s remarks against Bihar government
for allegedly undermining the freedom of press and brought an
adjournment motion seeking a debate on the issue.
After shouting slogans against the state government in
the wake of Katju`s statement, RJD and Congress MLCs led by
Roma Bharati and Jyoti raised the issue in the Council during
Leader of Opposition in the Legislative Council, Ghulam
Ghaus and others brought an adjournment notice seeking
immediate adjournment of the House for a debate on freedom of
Chairman Tarakant Jha rejected the adjournment notice
leading to uproar in the House.
Jha said the PCI chairman had already constituted a
three-member probe panel and had asked the state government to
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule