Oppn disrupts Bihar Legislature on teachers issue
Patna: A determined opposition forced adjournment of both houses of Bihar legislature for the second day on Wednesday in protest against police lathicharge on agitating contractual teachers.
As the assembly was about to take up Question Hour, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui requested the Speaker to reconsider his decision of rejecting his adjournment notice on the issue of violence against the teachers on Tuesday that has sparked outrage.
With no favourable response from the chair, members of RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI trooped into the well and shouted slogans against the government.
Some members from Treasury bench were also on their feet demanding suspension of opposition MLAs for disrupting house.
Raghvendra Pratap Singh of RJD alleged that instead of accepting genuine demands of the teachers for regularisation of job and pay parity with regular teacher, the police on instruction of the government lodged false FIRs against the teachers.
JD(U) Chief Whip in the assembly Shrawan Kumar and BJP`s Prem Ranjan Patel charged the opposition with seeking to derive political mileage from the matter.
Patel alleged that Special Investigation Team has found involvement of some RJD leaders among the protestors who had shown slippers to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar in Khagaria in September last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why