Oppn parties seek CBI probe into Forbesganj firing
Patna: On the first anniversary of the police firing at Forbesganj in which four members of the minority community were killed and scores of others injured, the opposition parties on Sunday demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
Demanding the probe, the chief of RJD state unit Ramchandra Purve who led an `Aakrosh March` here during the day alleged that atrocities against the minorities have increased during the NDA rule.
Slamming the Nitish Kumar government for trying to put the incident in cold storage by ordering a judicial probe in the matter, he said it has not only been trying to protect those officials responsible for the incident in Forbesganj, but it has also not given succour to the kin of the victims of the police firing.
Leader of opposition in the legislative council and RJD leader Gulam Gaus alleged that there has been an increase in the number of murders of minority members during the NDA rule while several others have been framed in false criminal cases.
LJP sat on a dharna at Kargil chowk here and shouted anti-government slogans on the Forbesganj police firing issue, while NCP leader Tariq Anwar slammed the state government for not giving justice or succour to the victims of the incident even after a year.
CPI(M-L) state committee leader Dhirendra Jha charged Kumar with rejecting the demand for CBI probe under pressure from ally BJP and the RSS.
The party also took out processions in several districts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends