Oppn, Treasury verbal duel over executing scheme for minority in Bihar
Patna: Bihar Assembly on Monday witnessed verbal duel between opposition and treasury bench over the issue of utilisation of Centre`s fund for welfare of minority under multi-sectoral development programme in seven districts.
Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui and Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav were engaged in war of words during question hour.
Dissatisfied with answer of Minority Welfare minister Shahid Ali on proper utilisation of Central government`s fund for multi-sectoral development programme (MSDP) in seven-muslim dominated districts of Bihar, Siddiqui charged the government with diverting money under the head.
He alleged that out of Rs 433 crore fund received from the Centre for seven districts including Araria, Kisanganj, Katihar, Purnea, the state government has send utilisation certificate of only Rs 237 crore in 2012-13 to the Centre.
Siddiqui said as per provision the scheme has to be implemented on the recommendation of 15-point committee which unfortunately has not been constituted in the state.
On this, Yadav intervened saying, the opposition was ignorant about the scheme and this was strongly objected by Siddiqui who said the minister was trying to divert attention.
Leader of Congress Legislature party in the House Sadanand Singh also raised doubts on the intention of the government in implementing the scheme sincerely.
Calm returned in the House only after intervention of Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!