Oppn, Treasury verbal duel over executing scheme for minority in Bihar
Patna: Bihar Assembly on Monday witnessed verbal duel between opposition and treasury bench over the issue of utilisation of Centre`s fund for welfare of minority under multi-sectoral development programme in seven districts.
Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui and Parliamentary Affairs minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav were engaged in war of words during question hour.
Dissatisfied with answer of Minority Welfare minister Shahid Ali on proper utilisation of Central government`s fund for multi-sectoral development programme (MSDP) in seven-muslim dominated districts of Bihar, Siddiqui charged the government with diverting money under the head.
He alleged that out of Rs 433 crore fund received from the Centre for seven districts including Araria, Kisanganj, Katihar, Purnea, the state government has send utilisation certificate of only Rs 237 crore in 2012-13 to the Centre.
Siddiqui said as per provision the scheme has to be implemented on the recommendation of 15-point committee which unfortunately has not been constituted in the state.
On this, Yadav intervened saying, the opposition was ignorant about the scheme and this was strongly objected by Siddiqui who said the minister was trying to divert attention.
Leader of Congress Legislature party in the House Sadanand Singh also raised doubts on the intention of the government in implementing the scheme sincerely.
Calm returned in the House only after intervention of Speaker Udai Narayan Chaudhary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video