Opposition creates ruckus in Bihar Assembly
Patna: Main opposition RJD MLAs on Wednesday created a ruckus during zero hour in the state Assembly
demanding payment of full salary of teachers working in
unaided schools in Bihar.
Soon after Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary
rejected an adjournment motion brought by RJD MLA Abdul
Ghafoor, the agitated RJD members, waving placards, rose in
The agitated MLAs were demanding that the state
government start making full payment of salary to teachers of
unaided schools like the teachers of government schools.
They also demanded a change in the existing policy
about unaided school teachers.
Leader of opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui expressed
serious concern over the state government allegedly
overlooking the problems facing the teachers.
State Water Resource Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary
who was present in the House, objected to the manner in which
the opposition raised the issue. He accused the erstwhile RJD
and Congress governments of having discriminated against the
teachers of unaided schools.
Choudhary asserted that his government had made a
full-fledged policy for making payment to teachers of unaided
He charged the opposition MLAs with creating uproar
and shouting slogans in the house for "their publicity".
Had they been serious about the issue, the
erstwhile governments should have implemented a policy about
payment of salary to the teachers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre