Opposition creates ruckus in Bihar on withdrawal of CRPF battalions
Patna: The opposition on Monday created ruckus in the Assembly flaying the withdrawal of two CRPF battalions from Bihar for deployment elsewhere in the country and wanted to know whether the state government planned to protest the Centre`s move.
The independent MLA Pawan Jaiswal from Dhaka Assembly constituency in East Champaran district raised the issue during Zero Hour flaying the Centre`s decision to withdraw two CRPF battalions from Bihar, including one deployed in his home district, and expressed concern that the step will create law-and-order problems.
Jaiswal was joined by the RJD members led by Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique and the senior Congress MLA Sadanand Singh in protesting withdrawal of the central paramilitary forces from the state and asked the government whether it has opposed the central move or has any intention to do so.
Apparently not satisfied with the government`s reply, the opposition members trooped into the well of the house before staging a walkout for a brief period.
Amid the din, Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary asked the agitating members to resume their seats and allow the state government to reply on the issue.
Water Resources Department (WRD) Minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary, in his capacity as the Home Minister in-charge, decried the Centre`s move to withdraw two CRPF battalions from Bihar and described the move as unilateral.
The state government was neither consulted nor informed about it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader