Opposition describes Nitish rally as `flop show`
Patna: Opposition RJD and Congress on Sunday described the `Adhikar Rally` as "flop show" of ruling JD(U) and alleged that the state machinery was used on a large scale.
"Considering the thin size of the crowd at the Adhikar rally it can be termed as a flop show of the ruling JD(U)," state RJD President Ramchandra Purve told reporters.
Flanked by RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav, Purve said common people had rejected the rally.
They said the rally venue did not have cut-outs of any great personalities of Bihar and the event appeared to be a step by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to show his popularity.
Bihar Congress alleged that state machinery was used in the rally.
"Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should explain from where his ministers got fund to spend on fooding and lodging for rallyists to make it a grand success," Congress spokesman Vinod Sharma said in a statement.
The passengers and examinees faced a lot of inconvenience due to the rally in the state capital, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read