Opposition describes Nitish rally as `flop show`
Patna: Opposition RJD and Congress on Sunday described the `Adhikar Rally` as "flop show" of ruling JD(U) and alleged that the state machinery was used on a large scale.
"Considering the thin size of the crowd at the Adhikar rally it can be termed as a flop show of the ruling JD(U)," state RJD President Ramchandra Purve told reporters.
Flanked by RJD MP Ramkripal Yadav, Purve said common people had rejected the rally.
They said the rally venue did not have cut-outs of any great personalities of Bihar and the event appeared to be a step by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to show his popularity.
Bihar Congress alleged that state machinery was used in the rally.
"Chief Minister Nitish Kumar should explain from where his ministers got fund to spend on fooding and lodging for rallyists to make it a grand success," Congress spokesman Vinod Sharma said in a statement.
The passengers and examinees faced a lot of inconvenience due to the rally in the state capital, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'