Opposition in Bihar lacks positive issues: BJP
Patna: BJP on Sunday accused the Opposition parties in Bihar of lacking positive agenda during campaigning and was confident that NDA would return to power with greater majority.
The Opposition RJD-LJP and Congress lacked positive issues and an alternative development model during campaigning for the five phases of Bihar assembly polls, BJP national spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
"RJD-LJP and Congress did not have a script ready for the assembly polls and yet all of them hanker for power.
"Contrary to the NDA government`s achievements like law and order, education, health care and road construction and its readiness to accept responsibility for what it could not do in the last term, the opposition parties have no positive commitment to make," he said.
Also the Opposition did not have clarity on its prospective chief minister and deputy chief minister, while NDA has an established team headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi, he said.
Prasad mocked RJD chief Lalu Prasad for claiming to be the next chief minister and said it was a `clear sign of desperation`.
Referring to Congress, he said its predicament was also the same as there is talk within the state unit about accepting collective responsibility in the event of poll debacle.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world