Opposition in Bihar lacks positive issues: BJP
Patna: BJP on Sunday accused the Opposition parties in Bihar of lacking positive agenda during campaigning and was confident that NDA would return to power with greater majority.
The Opposition RJD-LJP and Congress lacked positive issues and an alternative development model during campaigning for the five phases of Bihar assembly polls, BJP national spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
"RJD-LJP and Congress did not have a script ready for the assembly polls and yet all of them hanker for power.
"Contrary to the NDA government`s achievements like law and order, education, health care and road construction and its readiness to accept responsibility for what it could not do in the last term, the opposition parties have no positive commitment to make," he said.
Also the Opposition did not have clarity on its prospective chief minister and deputy chief minister, while NDA has an established team headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi, he said.
Prasad mocked RJD chief Lalu Prasad for claiming to be the next chief minister and said it was a `clear sign of desperation`.
Referring to Congress, he said its predicament was also the same as there is talk within the state unit about accepting collective responsibility in the event of poll debacle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...