Opposition in Bihar lacks positive issues: BJP
Patna: BJP on Sunday accused the Opposition parties in Bihar of lacking positive agenda during campaigning and was confident that NDA would return to power with greater majority.
The Opposition RJD-LJP and Congress lacked positive issues and an alternative development model during campaigning for the five phases of Bihar assembly polls, BJP national spokesman Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters here.
"RJD-LJP and Congress did not have a script ready for the assembly polls and yet all of them hanker for power.
"Contrary to the NDA government`s achievements like law and order, education, health care and road construction and its readiness to accept responsibility for what it could not do in the last term, the opposition parties have no positive commitment to make," he said.
Also the Opposition did not have clarity on its prospective chief minister and deputy chief minister, while NDA has an established team headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his deputy Sushil Kumar Modi, he said.
Prasad mocked RJD chief Lalu Prasad for claiming to be the next chief minister and said it was a `clear sign of desperation`.
Referring to Congress, he said its predicament was also the same as there is talk within the state unit about accepting collective responsibility in the event of poll debacle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal