Opposition parties responsible for violence in Khagaria: JD(U)
Patna: The JD(U) on Friday strongly condemned the violence in Khagaria district during Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra` and charged the RJD-led opposition parties with hatching conspiracy to derail development and good governance in Bihar.
"We outrightly condemn violence perpetrated at the behest of RJD, LJP and some local Congress leaders by an outfit `Yuva Vahini` of the incarcerated politician Pappu Yaday throughout the day yesterday in Khagaria district during Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra`, the state unit JD(U) president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and its national spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari today reporters.
The protesters comprising the contractual teachers executed "a deep rooted conspiracy" planned by the RJD-led opposition parties and perpetrated largescale violence and arson in Khagaria district and pelted stones on the vehicles of the chief minister, they said.
Kumar could have been killed had he not been travelling in a bullet-proof car as the protesters rained stones on his carcade from roof top of their houses, the JD(U) leaders said.
The protesters let loose a reign of terror in Khagaria town and stoned vehicles of dozens of officials, including the Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand, and set on fire several vehicles and district collectorate record room, they said.
They also disapproved of alleged violent reaction from a section of local JD(U) leaders and workers led by Randhir Yadav, husband of JD(U) MLA Poonam Devi, who had fired from a carbine to deter the protesters in Khagaria town and said that violence by anybody should not be condoned.
The JD(U) leader duo demanded a high-level probe to unearth the conspiracy behind the violence in Khagaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics