Opposition parties responsible for violence in Khagaria: JD(U)
Patna: The JD(U) on Friday strongly condemned the violence in Khagaria district during Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra` and charged the RJD-led opposition parties with hatching conspiracy to derail development and good governance in Bihar.
"We outrightly condemn violence perpetrated at the behest of RJD, LJP and some local Congress leaders by an outfit `Yuva Vahini` of the incarcerated politician Pappu Yaday throughout the day yesterday in Khagaria district during Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra`, the state unit JD(U) president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and its national spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari today reporters.
The protesters comprising the contractual teachers executed "a deep rooted conspiracy" planned by the RJD-led opposition parties and perpetrated largescale violence and arson in Khagaria district and pelted stones on the vehicles of the chief minister, they said.
Kumar could have been killed had he not been travelling in a bullet-proof car as the protesters rained stones on his carcade from roof top of their houses, the JD(U) leaders said.
The protesters let loose a reign of terror in Khagaria town and stoned vehicles of dozens of officials, including the Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand, and set on fire several vehicles and district collectorate record room, they said.
They also disapproved of alleged violent reaction from a section of local JD(U) leaders and workers led by Randhir Yadav, husband of JD(U) MLA Poonam Devi, who had fired from a carbine to deter the protesters in Khagaria town and said that violence by anybody should not be condoned.
The JD(U) leader duo demanded a high-level probe to unearth the conspiracy behind the violence in Khagaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai