Opposition parties responsible for violence in Khagaria: JD(U)
Patna: The JD(U) on Friday strongly condemned the violence in Khagaria district during Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra` and charged the RJD-led opposition parties with hatching conspiracy to derail development and good governance in Bihar.
"We outrightly condemn violence perpetrated at the behest of RJD, LJP and some local Congress leaders by an outfit `Yuva Vahini` of the incarcerated politician Pappu Yaday throughout the day yesterday in Khagaria district during Kumar`s `Adhikar Yatra`, the state unit JD(U) president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and its national spokesperson Shivanand Tiwari today reporters.
The protesters comprising the contractual teachers executed "a deep rooted conspiracy" planned by the RJD-led opposition parties and perpetrated largescale violence and arson in Khagaria district and pelted stones on the vehicles of the chief minister, they said.
Kumar could have been killed had he not been travelling in a bullet-proof car as the protesters rained stones on his carcade from roof top of their houses, the JD(U) leaders said.
The protesters let loose a reign of terror in Khagaria town and stoned vehicles of dozens of officials, including the Director General of Police (DGP) Abhayanand, and set on fire several vehicles and district collectorate record room, they said.
They also disapproved of alleged violent reaction from a section of local JD(U) leaders and workers led by Randhir Yadav, husband of JD(U) MLA Poonam Devi, who had fired from a carbine to deter the protesters in Khagaria town and said that violence by anybody should not be condoned.
The JD(U) leader duo demanded a high-level probe to unearth the conspiracy behind the violence in Khagaria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in